Saving data to stacks via CGI

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 17:08:06 EST 2005

Hi Andre,

Many thanks for sharing your
experience in this topic!

Andre Garzia wrote:
> I'd recommend one of two approaches to solve your
problem.
> (1) Use a second CGI/stack as a queue organizer.
> Your main cgi would pass request to change the data
stack
> to this queue organizer that would put all requests
on a
> queue and execute them when possible.

i need some references to understand how to implement
this queue manager in a Rev CGI.

Could you point me to some message threads about this?

Did you know if this technique had been stress tested
with
many simultaneous connections?

Pierre Sahores and Bjorke had a lot of experience in
this
area, so maybe they could answer too.

if i remember well, Pierre explained in some message,
that
his Rev CGI solution is able to handle thousands of
request
per second, but this Rev CGI pass the processed data
a php script that have other functions.

Bjorke manages the RevChat server, so he know what
happens when multiple users try to post messages at
the same time. Did they get queued in some arbitrary
order? or Some of them get lost in the transmission?

>The trick is: received a request then queue, you can
use
> a simple text file for queue and the standard file
> locking algorithms for prevent concurrent access to
the queue.

Ah, Locking algorithms! i need help with this too! :-)

> (2) That's the easy one. Use a RDBMS as data
storage.

i suspect that this will require a whole new set of
programming knowledge...

Let's try with a complete Rev CGI solution first! :-)

Thanks a lot again Andre!

Have a nice weekend!

al

Visit my site: