Visual Programming, Helix

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Dec 4 14:40:30 EST 2005

Martin Baxter wrote:
> Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
>> I was a bit of Helix advocate for a very short while,  but our IT team
>> here responsible for development took one look and  said "no way!"
>> They went with Acius 4D in the end. It has a great  balance between
>> visual representation of tables and field  relationships and raw code
>> procedures... I think Helix died.
>

> Perhaps it died, but it seemingly lives on, which makes it a zombie I
> suppose. I was surprised too.
>
> http://www.helixtech.com/

Strange:   they claim a goal of having v6 on Mac, Win, and Linux, yet
they're using Code Warrior.  Ugh.  The Mactel thang rather blows that
strategy.

Helix would seem an ideal candidate for using Rev to make the UI, and
implement the DB engine as externals....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation