Why isn't Rev more popular?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:49:23 EST 2005

> ...and that, of course, is the problem with Transcript being
> "English-like"... you tend to think that it *should* respond to
> English commands. In English
>
> hide field "xxx"    and
> if field "xxx" is hidden

The one that always irks me is "contains" and it's opposite.
   if myVar contains "fred"
This is simple and obvious, but there isn't an easy way to reverse it,
so you have to use:
   if myVar contains "fred" is false

where I always feel you should be able to use something like:
   if myVar does not contain "fred"

We have "is a number" and "is not a number" and all the variants on
the "is" and "is not" functions, so why not "contains" and "does not
contain".

Cheers,
Sarah