Do we have a date?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:34:02 EST 2005

> put the date into tMyVar
> put tMyVar is a date
>
> -> true
>
> put the system date into tMyVar
> put tMyVar is a date
>
> -> false
>
> This is on a german system, Os X.2.8, Rev 2.6.1

put the system date into tMyVar
set the useSystemDate to true
put tMyVar is a date

--> true

I'm guessing that you use d.m.y for your system date, but "the date" is m/d/y.
Unless you tell it to use your local format, Rev is looking for a date
that matches it's default format and your system date isn't going to
work.

In my case, the date today is 12/4/05, while the system date is 04/12/2005.
Both return true when I check "is a date", but that is because the
divider is the same in both cases and the current date is valid both
ways round. Later in the month it isn't going to work unless I set the
useSystemDate.

For more information that you can possibly need about dates & times
:-) check out my Dates & Times scripting conference stack:
<http://support.runrev.com/scriptingconferences/>

Cheers,
Sarah