Why isn't Rev more popular? [Mailing List]

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Dec 2 21:41:41 EST 2005

Richard,

I think it's important to note that gmane offers not just a "web interface"
to the Use-Rev list, but also an NNTP feed. I've been using their NNTP
interface; while it is a little slow at posting, I think I've got it sorted
out now and I'm positively delighted.

On your links page, I think it's important not only to mention these are
"Web UIs" but that gmane offers a classic "newsgroup" interface compatible
with Outlook Express and any other news reader. (Especially since the web
UIs are not quite up to the phpBB standard yet.) To me, it's almost
"headline news!" :)

I feel good that one of my points raised the visibility of this issue and
uncovered these alternatives. Now, about the other 14 items.....

Bill

"Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote
in message news:4391006D.3010005 at fourthworld.com...