AutoArm Problems

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Dec 2 18:05:49 EST 2005

OK, well then, nothing wrong but my understanding of implementation..

Eric, Richard avers: "autoArm is of little (no?) practical value with
the standard button style,"

So what do you think is "normal behavior" are you see a change on
mousewithin? even if that is not handled by script? that's the
expected behavior

OK, try this:

in Rev IDE drag a new standard button (not default) from the tools
palette to the card. set tool back to browse, wave over btn, nothing
happens. So, if "normal behavior" means an auto reverse out of type
and a shift in the background color of the button (or something along
those lines) showing it is the focused object ready to receive
clicks, I'm not getting it...of course we get a normal bkgnd color
change on mouse down but nothing on mousewithin.  I'm missing
something.... if Richard is correct, then what are you seeing?

Right, we know about the icon thing and do use this in some
instances, but looking for cross platform autoarm behavior for simple
standard btns.

Sivakatirswami