Why isn't Rev more popular?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Fri Dec 2 14:35:57 EST 2005

I was under the impression that rev* were functions that RunRev added to
revolution before they acquired (the rights to) the engine.  Since they
couldn't modify the engine at that point, these functions were added as
externals with the rev* prefix.

At 01:16 PM 12/2/2005, you wrote:

>Thanks. That does help sort things out. And I think this is a useful
>discussion, and one that comes up every so often. The revdb_xxx
>functions are equally ugly. My impression is that the "rev" prefix is
>a way to handle namespaces in an xtalk way; i.e., without instituting
>a dot mechanism: rev.xml.addNode paramList, which does indeed veer way
>too much into javaLand.

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
24-hour recorded info hotline: 1-800-624-7671