Why isn't Rev more popular?

Bill Marriott runrev at wjm.org
Fri Dec 2 12:42:21 EST 2005

Well for reasons I may not be aware of, all the new commands seem to be in
the format, "revDoSomething" followed by parameters. Example:

    revAddXMLNode treeID, parentPath, nodeName, nodeContents

the official example:

    revAddXMLNode 9,"/","Balls",""

Why couldn't you say something like

    add node "Balls" to the root path of XML tree id 9

I'm not saying that is the exact perfect syntax, nor is it "compact," but it
would be super readable/self-documenting and easy to remember. This is what
I mean about advancing TransScript.

Bill

[Oh yeah, reason #15: Inability to copy and paste from the documentation
stack!]

"Mark Wieder" <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote in
message news:102945525.20051202090638 at ahsoftware.net...