How to Disable the Preference and About Box Items

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Dec 1 18:35:19 EST 2005

Hi,

Yes, but this isn't an Apple/Mac problem. I don't care if the
preference menu is enabled or disabled, but I want it's visible
status to reflect it's state, which is not what happens. I disable
then Edit Menu, but the preferences item remains enabled, BUT it
won't generate a menuPick event.

This effectively mean that you cannot disable the edit or help menu's
under MacOS X!

This is a result if how the menu's are handled under RunRev, if they
were not moved from the edit menu into the applications menu, this
wouldn't happen.

The answer to it would be to handle the menu items Prefs and About
differently in RunRev.

I can't think of any work around for it either!

All the Best
Dave