Why isn't Rev more popular?

Steve vampire at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 16:45:30 EST 2005

I'm just getting into Rev so I am by no means an expert but.... When
in colledge as a CS major (late 80s) I remember lots of snobbery
around tools like hypercard by hardcore CS people. Personaly I think
a tool should be as high level as possible while still getting the
job done. I later became a Lotus Notes Developer which has huge
similarities to Rev/Hypercard. I found that same attitude towards
tools like Notes by mainstream programers. Personally I love using
these kinds of tools but I bet Rev is a hard sell to anybody that
lives breathes and has career based on doing things the hard way in
tools like C/Java Etc.

Steve