Why isn't Rev more popular?

Ton Kuypers tkuypers at pandora.be
Thu Dec 1 16:02:20 EST 2005

I second that!
I have started with Hypercard, used Toolbook, VB and SuperCard and
finally "ended" with Revolution...
All of the mentioned tools have their bugs and strange behaviours,
but none of them allow expanding the IDE as much as RR does. I've
created a few tools for my daily use but Constellation covered most
of them.
I even added support for the gadget bar for all of my small utilities
and the revTabRuler, so they are available "one click away".

My partner in business is a .NET person all the way and I envy the
possibilities he has in developing apps, but it would be silly to
expect the same functionality from Revolution.
.NET is a single OS development tool and created by the developer of
the same OS.

I have a lot of suggestions for RR version 3 and would love to share
them with Kevin or the rest of the RR team, but I'm not sure if my
contribution is so valuable... It seems that our Scottish friends
have a strategy for they key product and they have to grow into
becoming a world player, but they realise very well they will never
become the number one in development.
They listen to us but they have their own strategy and that is not
really of our concern!
And my humble opinion is that we should realise that as well ;-)

Ton Kuypers
Digital Media Partners bvba
Tel. +32 (0)477 / 739 530
Fax +32 (0)14 / 71 03 04