Why isn't Rev more popular?

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:54:12 EST 2005

Chipp......

Great contribution to an important discussion.

To your point below about RR's isolationism, I think another evidence of
that is the company's virtually complete absence from this list. I know the
company is small and I know they're really busy but that's not really a
legitimate excuse. Someone from RR -- and someone with authority -- should
be here every day, commenting on threads (technical and those like this
one), providing the company's perspective, asking for input about direction,
etc. I know if I were the VP Marketing or Evangelist at RR, I'd be *living*
on this list.

As many here know, I've been spending a lot of time lately looking at AJAX
and Laszlo as rich internet application development spaces. On the
discussion boards assocaited with those technologies, the founders are
highly visible and active. You have a sense that they are passionate about
what they're doing and that staying in touch with their user community is
not "part of the job" but a reason for their passion.