Documented Cursor Bug...Please try.

Harvey Toyama harvey.toyama at qlogic.com
Thu Dec 1 11:45:41 EST 2005

Hi Chipp,
Bug is repeatable on:

Windows XP Professional
Version 2002, Service Pack 2

-- Harvey
--

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Chipp
Walters
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:38 PM
To: Use-Revolution
Subject: Documented Cursor Bug...Please try.

Hi all,

Jerry Daniels and I spent about an hour today trying to create a very
simple recipe to replicate the 'Cursor stuck on I-beam' phenomenon most
of us see regularly. I've built cursor libraries in the past to fix
this, but the latest Rev engine (Windows) goes bezerk with the hand
cursor sometimes and ends up writing garbage all over the screen. So,
I'm more determined to just get Rev to fix the engine.

Here's the deal. I would very much appreciate it if many of you could
test out this simple recipe stack:

type into the msg box (or cut and paste):

go URL "http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/cursorbug.rev"

The instructions are plain, and you can get back to me on this list
whether or not your curson got 'stuck.' It's been tested on Windows XP
but not much on other platforms. It would be great if MC users could
test this too, so we can document it as an engine bug and not an IDE bug

(I believe this in an engine bug).

Thanks!!!

-Chipp

subscription preferences: