AW: Front Stack/Window???

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Dec 1 03:49:37 EST 2005

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Alex Tweedly wrote:
>
>> .
>

> It's in "Stacks" as "4W UmbrellaMan"

Duh. Sorry - my eyes must be going .... I looked and looked - but just
missed it.

>> btw - each time I use GoRevNet, it downloads the 137Kb stack.
>> Is it supposed to do that ?
>> How do I stop it ?
>>
>> (Actually, I should be more precise - each time I start up Rev,
>> GoRevNet will download the stack. If I select menu Development /
>> Plugins / GoRevNet multiple times within the same Rev session, only
>> the first such use downloads the stack, subsequent ones start up
>> instantly. But if quit the IDE and restart it, next GoRevNet does
>> another download.)
>

> Yes, as with any downloaded stack RevNet stays in memory only during
> the current session.
>
> I could maintain a local cache to avoid the 3-second download (I'm
> assuming yours isn't much longer, as I have the crappiest Airport
> connection of anyone I know <g>), and we might be able to use the
> cache for other things as well.

3 seconds ?
For me it averages about 1 minute. The crappiest Airport connection is
much better than a dial-up out in the boonies.

> If you favor a cache, where would you prefer to see it stored?

In the plugins directory ?
Or maybe a user option ?
I'm pretty unaware of the various specialFolders and how they tend to
get used, so not the right one to answer that.