Darwin engine and AppleScript in CGI's?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Aug 31 14:08:14 EDT 2005

On Aug 31, 2005, at 2:31 PM, Mark Smith wrote:

> Ah...that explains a few things. Thanks for the info.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Mark,

I am betting here okay, but try pulling the executable out of MacOS X
bundle and using it as the CGI engine, use it with the "-ui"
parameter. It works fine. I just pulled mine, put it on /Library/
WebSever/CGI-Executables and created this test.cgi script:

#!Revolution -ui
on startup
put "Engine Version:" && version() & cr
put "Languages:" && the alternateLanguages
get format("tell application \"Finder\"\ndisplay dialog \"Hello World!
\"\nend tell\n")
do it as "applescript"
put it && the result
end startup

The result is fine:

Engine Version: 2.6.5
Languages: applescript
tell application "Finder"
display dialog "Hello World!"
end tell
{button returned:"OK"}

Decided not to include the shot of the dialog box but it appeared
nice!!!
Happy AppleScripting and Transcript coding.

Cheers
andre