Dragging from a list field

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Sun Aug 28 17:44:08 EDT 2005

At 10:38 PM -0500 8/27/2005, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>I have the index/list field working, and I also have the dragging
>working. I was hoping I could get the field to know whether the user
>wants to click to select a line, or click to drag the text. I saw
>dropped or mixed messages while trying do both at the same time, so
>I guess I have to ask the user to manually indicate their intention.
>Your suggestion to use different mouse buttons would work. Or maybe
>the user could hold down a key while dragging.

One thing that might be relevant to this (excuse me if this is off
base; I haven't really been following this thread well) is that Rev's
drag and drop starts on click, rather than when the drag begins. In
other applications, you need to click and drag a certain number of
pixels before the drag behavior kicks in, but the engine has no
concept of a "slop rect" for dragging.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com