Dragging across stacks (was: Dragging from a list field)

Marielle Lange rp011s7075 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 28 06:03:12 EDT 2005

> Yes, I think so. That's how Rev does its tool palette. The tools you
> drag from the palette are actually in stacks that follow the mouse.

Jacqueline,

Thanks for this discussion on drag and drop. The suggestion to have a
look at the script behind the tools palette just provided me a
solution I needed. The  possibility to drag and drop objects form a
catalogue stack to another stack.

The script works very nicely, dragging groups rather than UI
elements. But it is made 95% of the script written by the revolution
team.

Before I share it, what is the status of the code behind the
revolution UI element? Free to reuse and adapt? What mention should I
had at the top of the script to acknowledge the origin of it?

Marielle

Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguistics, Lecturer in Psychology and
Informatics
University of Edinburgh, UK

Homepage:  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mlange/
Lexicall project: http://lexicall.org