CGI permissions

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Aug 27 14:12:13 EDT 2005

So the text files you're trying to read on your desktop but the CGI
is on a (presumably remote even if in the same room and on the same
subnet) server? Is that the architecture?

Have you tried logging into the server and copying those files from
your desktop? That would tell you whether there's some sort of
underlying connection issue or permissions problem.