Database Query Builder

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Sat Aug 27 08:07:27 EDT 2005

I use the database query builder a lot but have been gradually shifting over
to "libDatabase is a database abstraction library" by Trevor DeVore which is
much better than the database query builder for everything except easily
building a card that goes through each record of a database. I highly
recommend it especially when working with sqlite. As an example, if you look
for a record using the database query builder and it is a record that does
not exist then not only will it bring your stack down sometimes you have to
reboot the system too. Also if you ever have a database query builder
connection to the database in one of your cards or substacks and it stops
working it is impossible to track it down (so you will always -- thereafter
-- get an error message "can't connect to the database" even though all the
queries that you still use are connected).

I put the sqlite database (on mac os x) in the same folder as my runtime
revolution application as that was the only place it would work (the stack
itself can be anywhere). So I don't have any path in the field that says
"Database" just the name of the database.

On 8/27/05 7:36 AM, "Scott Kane" <scott at proherp.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm using altSQLLite for the database.
> One thing I can't seem to get right
> is the path to the table (it's in
> the same path as the executable).
> The Database Query Builder only takes
> a fixed path for the location of the
> database. i.e.  "C:\MyFolder\MyApp\mytable.db"
>
> Is there a way to overcome this?  I've read
> the doc's - for both the Database Query Builder
> and altSQL and I seem to be missing something.
>
> Note - I've posted this here and not as a direct
> support request to Altuit because it seems to
> be more a Rev issue than an alSQL issue - but
> of course I could be wrong - that's happened before. <g>
>
> Scott

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)
          )___))___))___)\