help on open file

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 27 01:45:58 EDT 2005

Paul Salyers wrote:
> Dear RunRev programmers
>
> I have the need to open a word file from the app. I have the word file
> on my same path as my rev app. but using the suggested command it do not
> work, any reason why?
>
> This is the programming line I'm using:
>
> on mouseUp
> launch "textfile.doc"
> end mouseUp
>
> the textfile.doc will not open from within the app.
>
> Anyone know why?

 From the docs:

caunch command

Starts up an application, optionally opening a document in the application.

Syntax
launch [documentPath with] applicationPath

Examples
launch "SimpleText"
launch "/Documents/Projects/test.txt" with myApp
launch it with (field "Application")

Description
Use the launch command to start an application for the user to use.

Parameters:
The documentPath is the location and name of a file to open with the
specified application. If no path is specified, the launch command
assumes that the file is in the defaultFolder.

The applicationPath is the location and name of the application to start
up. If no path is specified, the launch command assumes that the
application is in the defaultFolder.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal