How to set the startValue for the scrollbar of a GROUP

Ban Nguyen bann at sunncomm.com
Thu Aug 25 17:19:38 EDT 2005

Hello,

Here is what i did:

I created an imageHolder and then group it and give it a scrollbar to
scroll the whole image (some image is long and some is short) by setting
it from the properties inspector.

I created several buttons to click to show different images by using
this script:
--Button1
set the fileName of image " imageHolder" to "pic_1.jpg"
--Button2
set the fileName of image " imageHolder" to "pic_2.jpg"
--and so on.....

But the problem is when I clicked on button1 the pic_1.jpg showed up
fine with the scrollbarThumb at the startvalue.  Then I clicked on
button2 to view the pic_2.jpg (longer than pic_1.jpg), it showed up fine
and a longer scrollbarThumb because this pic is longer then the previous
pic.  Then I clicked on button1 to see the pic_1.jpg again, it showed up
fine BUT the scrollbarThumb was NOT at it's startvalue, it was at the
middle.

How can I set it back to start value?

I looked at the dictionary:

I found this:

set the startValue of scrollbar "Progress" to 1

but I don't know the name of the scrollbar.  What I know is the name of
the group.

Could someone help me on this

Thank you