Revolution under Ubuntu Linux?

Bob Warren warren at howsoft.com
Thu Aug 25 09:04:16 EDT 2005

Peter:

Didn't you ask that same question a few days back? Or was it somebody else?

I am using Ubuntu Linux (with the Gnome interface), but not Kubuntu (that
uses KDE).
RR 2.6 runs with absolutely no trouble on my machine, with no necessity for
the possible "tuning" that Pierre mentioned (though I'm not quite sure what
he meant by that). However, I haven't done any extensive programming in
Ubuntu yet, as my trial license for RR is about to run out, and I don't
intend to buy it until the Linux altBrowser is available.

Much to my surprise, I found RR to be more visually attractive under Ubuntu
Linux than under Windows! However, I have also tried running RR under other
(KDE) versions of Linux, but none of them are as visually attractive as
Ubuntu. Sorry I can't give you more technical tips at the moment.

Bob