FTP Upload Does Not Work?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Aug 25 07:57:16 EDT 2005

>> Hi, Here's my problem,
>>
>> I created a button, edited the script for the button and added the
>> folowing
>> code:
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>
>>    libURLftpUploadFile "testfile.txt",\
>>      "ftp://Username:Password@ftp.mydomain.com/MyFolder"
>>
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> Now, I create a standalone program of it, with the file
>> "testfile.txt" inside
>> the same folder as the program.
>>
>> Go to run it, click the button, go to login at my ftp, and nothing
>> has been
>> uploaded, why is this?

I think the "ftp url" needs to be the url of where you want the file to
go, rather than the folder you want it to go into.

The example in docs / libURLftpUploadFile isn't very clear - but the
example in docs / libURLftpUpload shows

> libURLftpUpload value,uploadURL[,callbackMessage]
>
> libURLftpUpload field "Data","ftp://ftp.example.org/file.txt"
> libURLftpUpload URL "binfile:data.jef",myURL,"uploadDone"
> libURLftpUpload myData,"ftp://me:secret@example.net/file.txt"

which looks to me like it ought to be the actual file name.   Worth a
try ....

If that's not it ...
  - does it work when run from the IDE ?
  - does libURLftpUpload work (i.e. no dependency on properly finding
the local file) ?