Dreamcard Player musing (the Sequel, I)

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Thu Aug 25 03:19:30 EDT 2005

I eventually went 2.6 ;-)
In fact, there was some incitement to get the new version, with a
certain Arcade Engine I wished to see more closer. I wrote some time ago
a quick'n dirty Car Race Game along with my 12 years old son and I
wonder if the Arcade engine will do the trick...

Back to the Player.
My Mac OS X copy has some difficulties to obey to "open with" ;->
Some cleaning is maybe necessary, since the system sees *two* copies of
Dreamcard Player...

[follow-up: as I browsed the news, someone talked of this very problem;
two solutions, the geek one:
<http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031215144430486&query=%5
C%22open+with%5C%22>
and then the easy way:
<http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/faq.html>

I dragged my Diary stack onto the Player to force its opening as wished.
Runs smoothly. I can add a card, and delete this card, by seeing the
warning Answer dialog. Good.
Eeeer, I forgot, there is always the revOnline stack popping out as I
launch the diary...

When I close the diary stack, the Player stays open.
I checked the destroyStack & destroyWindow boxes...
But, the diary stack's menus are staying, inchanged ! Funny, indeed (?)

When I double-click the Player's icon, a get the splah screen...
"preparing" forever!

By the way, what is this new "Unix" file, which appears inside the
Revolution Dreamcard folder, and name "Revolution Launcher"?

--
DC 2.6 Musing in Dreamcard