Another Dumb Field Problem!

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Aug 24 13:32:17 EDT 2005

Hi,

I couldn't get your Scripts to work, but I modified it as below and
it works fine now. It replies on the fields being alone on a group
(inside the parent group). It seems to work fine except I don't want
the text inside the field to be selected as in:

   select char 1 to -1 of field myFieldNumber of me

How can I get the cursor to move to the next field BUT not have the
contents selected?

Thanks a lot
Dave

--  tabKey
on tabKey
   local myFieldNumber
   local myNewField
   local myNumberOfFields
   local myTargetFieldNumber

   put the number of the target into myTargetFieldNumber
   put the number of me into myFieldNumber
   put myTargetFieldNumber - myFieldNumber into myFieldNumber
   put the number of fields in me into myNumberOfFields

   if the shiftKey is down then
     if myFieldNumber > 1 then
       subtract 1 from myFieldNumber
     else
       put myNumberOfFields into myFieldNumber
     end if
   else
     if myFieldNumber < myNumberOfFields then
       add 1 to myFieldNumber
     else
       put 1 into myFieldNumber
     end if
   end if
   select char 1 to -1 of field myFieldNumber of me
end tabKey