colors in scrolling text field

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Tue Aug 23 17:18:38 EDT 2005

I am creating a scrolling log of program activities, and want to color
code the output so that normal events are black or green, but problems
are shown in red.  I played with setting colors in a regular field, and
the colors seem to stick to the field positions, rather than moving with
the characters.  Am I correct about this?

I tried setting the foregroundcolor in a text chunk that was stored in a
local variable, but that failed.  The idea was to set the colors up in
the string before it went out to the scrolling field, in the hopes that
the colors would magically be set in the string and follow the
characters out to the scrolling field.  This does not seem to work either.

Am I trying to do something that is not possible in Rev, or am I just
not clear on how to accomplish this?  I know that HTML support is
somehow built into parts of Rev: would using <font color=green> work?  I
tried it, and it did not work trivially.

:)

Jon