The KRM (Re: Revolution Compatible Registration Tool)

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Tue Aug 23 11:46:20 EDT 2005

My concern about Kagi -- and I've been a member for a long time -- is
that their rates are quite high when compared, e.g., to PayPal.

I'm using PayPal and a PayPal support service called SoftSeller to
handle the soft-goods fulfillment. They charge 25 cents per download
regardless of how many files are in the download.

But none of this addresses the original concern of having partial
software services available pending an unlock code. I think that
requires individual scripting in the stack and some sort of
registration process that doesn't actually deliver a product but
rather a code that the user can use to unlock the software for full
access. (Of course, there's no reason that you couldn't deliver a
full version of the software as the second step, overwriting the
original, crippled version, in which case something like
softseller.com could work nicely.)

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.revolutionpros.com, Click "My Stuff"