running player makes other thing slower

Ban Nguyen bann at sunncomm.com
Mon Aug 22 17:37:09 EDT 2005

On Aug 22, 2005, at 11:55 AM, Ban Nguyen wrote:
> 3) What codecs do your movies use?
>
> mp3 and mov

mov is a container format, not an actual codec.  For the video you
would have something like sorenson 3 or H.264  If your audio/video is
encoded using a very high data rate then this could affect
performance during playback depending on the system.

You might try loading a still image in the player and see if the
slowdown still occurs.  If it doesn't then I would look at that data
rate of your movies as a potential issue.

I am using mp3 file with encoded with 96 data rate