Unicode

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Mon Aug 22 12:10:43 EDT 2005

Hello,

Using the uniEncode function, I am able to read and display most
unicode formats in MacOS X. However, there is one format I can't
get to work. This is a file that is supposed to be UTF-16BE
(with Thai encoding). If I display this in a field, I get a kind
of Chinese text. I have other files, which are supposed to have
a similar encoding, which do work.

The file can be downloaded here:
<http://www.economy-x-talk.com/thaiunicode.txt.zip>

After reading in the file, setting the unicodeText property of a
field and setting the textFont to "Lucida Grande,Thai", the text
still looks like Chinese. Any suggestions as to how to display
this file correctly?

Thanks,

Mark

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://www.ehug.info
http://home.wanadoo.nl/mark.sch
http://www.economy-x-talk.com

Please inform me about vacancies in the field of
general economics at your institute. I am also looking
for new freelance programming projects.