The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Aug 21 15:33:46 EDT 2005

On Aug 21, 2005, at 4:27 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

> Hi David,
>

>> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:40:08 +0200
>> From: david bovill <david at openpartnership.net>
>> Subject: The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint
>>

>> It will be hopefully the first of several similar sprints taking
>> place over the next 3 months
>>

> Looks fascinating, but I've never heard of the word 'sprint' used
> this way. Exactly what does it mean as you are using it?

Well here in Brazil we use the word sprint to mean "desesperatly
running in one direction." like I regard that there are two ways of
running, you can run to someplace or you can run from some thing. So
some weeks ago, when some very creative brazilian almost hammed me
over with his pickup truck and after me cursing him by being a bad
driver, he stopped his car and went out carrying a very big pistol, I
entered sprint mode or "run for your life mode" and manage to run
more than a km in less than two minutes...

That's how I classify sprints. Code sprints are similar in the
analogy that you code as if your life depended on that...

:P
Andre