Blowing in the Wind

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Aug 21 12:49:40 EDT 2005

Recently, Judy Perry  wrote:

> Is it just Flash in general or Macromedia products (specifically,
> Director) in particular?
>
> I've noticed this as well...

As far as shaped windows goes, the above is not true.  I've believe I've
seen at least two 3rd party products that allow you to apply a window mask
to a projector (standalone).

In terms of processor use, I think it depends on the content.

But it's not just Macromedia.  Even some of Adobe's products such as
Photoshop do things behind the scenes that can bog down your system.  This
is very irritating given that product in particular is for manipulating
images and has nothing to do with video/motion etc.

(Due to the past hostility between the two companies, we used to joke that
Adobe and Macromedia had CPD's -- Competitive Product Detectors -- written
into their software that would cause the system to slow down if they
detected any of their competitor's products running simultaneously.)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design