libURLftpUpload returns "invalid host address" error

David Beck davethebrv at crystalpiersw.com
Sat Aug 20 17:52:08 EDT 2005

Sorry for the ambiguity. For this particular customer, the attempt to upload the
file with libURLftpUpload fails 100% of the time with libURLErrorData returning
the "invalid host address" error. However, strangely she did say that it was
worked for her a few times before it started failing 100% of the time. She is
sure that her modem is connected when the problem occurs. I had her load a page
in Explorer to confirm that and also in the screen shot she sent me I could see
the internet connection status as "active" with bytes both sent are received in
the task bar. I know that the URL is valid. Out of the three likely causes you
listed, that leaves the user's DNS server. Is there a way to test that
possibility? Do you think that is what is going on?

Thanks so much!

David