Online Scripting Conference on Saturday

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 19 19:08:58 EDT 2005

Claire Bradin Siskin wrote:
> Jacque, why don't you tell us about the Online Scripting Conference to
> be held on Saturday, August 20? The last one was so good!

Good idea, and glad you liked the last one. These are always a lot of
fun. Our next conference, which takes place tomorrow, will be presented
by xtalk pro Jeanne DeVoto, writer of the Rev docs, author of reference
books on HyperTalk, and long-time recognized person of stature in the
scripting community. This should be a really excellent conference.
Jeanne's grasp of Revolution's nuances and behaviors is extensive; she
probably knows more about the engine and the language than anyone.

Jeanne's topic this week is Menus and how Revolution implements them,
something that stumps a lot of people at first. Also included in this
topic are menu buttons and their behaviors (option buttons, popup
buttons, etc.) The downloadable conference stack is full of good
examples and documentation, and Jeanne will be adding more at the live
conference. She has told me there is more to cover than she was able to
write into the stack.

After the conference we will have our usual free-chat session where you
can ask anything, on any Revolution topic, including questions about
your own projects or scripts. This is a very good way to get customized
help from live experts (or for those in Oz, partially-live experts.) It
is also a great place for general shop talk and conversation.

I hope to see you all there. Run the following in the message box to get
your local time for our conference tomorrow:

  get 1124553600; convert it to system date and time;put it

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com