"Ask" does not put empty into "it" when "Cancel" is clicked.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 19 03:46:45 EDT 2005

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:
> At 7:38 PM +0200 8/18/2005, Klaus Major wrote:
>
>>> I think this was quickly fixed by build 108.
>>> Download a recent version.
>>

>> until Rev has changed the way we have to load every new distribution
>> (the COMPLETE package :-/), it would be nice to have a place where
>> we can download the engines only!
>

> While we're wishing, it would be nice if the fershlugginah VERSION
> NUMBER were changed when the software changed. From a software
> engineering point of view, this "download whatever is on the web site,
> install it, run it, and check the buildNumber function in the message
> box to figure out whether this 2.6 is the same as the 2.6 you downloaded
> two weeks ago" really, seriously, does not cut it.

While it's unusual and sometimes confusing to rely on the buildNumber in
addition to the version number, as long as it's the way it is I could
live with it if the page on which these engines were downloaded from
noted the buildNumber in addition to the version number and creation date.

That is, once such a page exists. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal