I give up: how do you continue a line in Rev?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Thu Aug 18 19:18:09 EDT 2005

I think it was Jon who asked about line wraps.

Jon, you might not have noticed a nice Rev feature that also
addresses your concern. When a script window is open, you'll find a
"wrap long lines" item in the "view" dropdown menu. If you turn it
on, you don't need the backslash, but you can still read or write
those occasional looonnngggg lines.

BTW, I've had frustration, too, but my comfort level is rising. HC
converts seem to expect an easy learning curve. I was, and I did. Rev
is not nightmarishly hard, but it's not your Grandma's hyperCard
either. I got stuck on little stuff -- like your line wrap question
-- pretty often at first. Not so much now.

Hope this helps.

Tim