help on design

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 18 14:42:05 EDT 2005

Charles Hartman wrote:
 > I'll try this. But it looks like (am I wrong? always a good
 > possibility!), as long as the substack is open, cards from other  stacks
 > will get added to the "recent" list. No?

If managed correctly, then right, "no". In the substack:

on openstack -- first time opened
  set the lockrecent to false -- allow history
end openstack

on closestack
  set the lockrecent to true
end closestack

on resumestack -- user or script brought stack to front
  set the lockrecent to false
end resumestack

on suspendstack -- user or script brought a different stack forward
  set the lockrecent to true -- disallow history
end suspendstack

Those four should do it. If any of your scripts set lockmessages to true
before moving to or from the substack, then the above handlers won't
fire and you'll need to set the lockrecent specifically in those cases.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com