ChatRev (ca) one year old

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Thu Aug 18 10:59:31 EDT 2005

Hi Björnke!

Congratulations with ChatRev's first birthday! ChatRev is a very
interesting project. Not just because it is a great way to meet
other Revolution developers and exchange ideas and knowledge in
"real time". It has appeared that it is also a wonderful
starting point for everyone who wants to create chat software
and other applications that communicate over the internet.
Creating my own client for ChatRev really helped me to enhance
my skills concerning sockets and TCP/IP.

It is also very interesting to see how ChatRev has become a
long-term ongoing project. The source code of the clients, being
public, improves almost automatically with each new chatter.
Developers inspire each other, exchange pieces of code and learn
from each other. ChatRev is a real community making tool. I very
much recommend your free ChatRev service to all beginning and
advanced Revolution developers.

Thank you for making ChatRev.

Mark

Björnke von Gierke wrote:
> I did some digging in the archives last July, and I found some
> interesting Mails regarding ChatRev. Unfortunately I missed the perfect
> date to post this info by 5 days, due to my laziness (and other
> circumstances).
>
> Anyway: Yay to ChatRev's birtday, 13th August, and  to another
> prosperous year!
> Also a big YAY to the chatters, you make this possible! In no
> particular order: Mark, Wouter, Malte, Hugh, Hazy, Xavier, Dan, Ro,
> Judy, Marielle, Jeff... (sorry if i have forgotten you)
>
> Most simultaneous users: 25 (during appearance of the Kevin)
> Longest Downtime: 3 Days during my move at the end of July
> Most snidey remarks: during the first Pulp chat with the Kevin
>
> Many people have learned their first steps with socket communication
> thanks to ChatRev, and maybe sometimes one of the Chatrev Coding
> Contest can become a big event for the community, unlike this year.
> (more on the coding contest in another mail)

<snip dates>

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://www.ehug.info
http://home.wanadoo.nl/mark.sch
http://www.economy-x-talk.com

Please inform me about vacancies in the field of
general economics at your institute. I am also looking
for new freelance programming projects.