Standalone Building Picking Up Tons of Cruft

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Aug 17 19:27:22 EDT 2005

I've run into a bizarre and troubling situation with the Standalone
Builder. I wonder if anyone else has seen this. As far as I can tell,
there's no Bugzilla report on it.

Open Rev new.
Create a new mainstack.
Open the Application Browser
You should see only your stack here (unless you have Rev UI
components showing)
Set Standalone Application Settings
Close and re-open or refresh App Browser
Your stack is still the only one here
Save the stack
Close and re-open or refresh App Browser
Your stack is still the only one here
Save as a Standalone Application
Close and re-open or refresh App Browser
WHOA!!!

I don't know what you see, but I have a list of 17 stacks and dozens
of substacks of thoe stacks. All of these are in the Revolution
directory but not all of the stacks in that directory show up.

I have determined that this only happens if the "Search for required
inclusions" radio button is on. If I "Select inclusions" semi-
manually, the problem does not arise.

I'm running OS X 10.4.2 and Rev 2.6 build 108. If someone else can
confirm this, I'll BZ it.

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.revolutionpros.com, Click "My Stuff"