Menu Problem!

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Aug 17 15:02:34 EDT 2005

David....

First, are you trying to get the menu to execute the code associated
with option A on openStack or are you just interested in making sure
the button's label is set right? If the latter, rather than using
menuPick just set the label of the button. That should work fine
(untested).

Second, have you tried sending the menuPick message from a different
place, e.g., another button? I set up a little test to do that. If I
didn't explicitly set the label of the menu button, the script for
the menu choice I entered would execute but the label of the menu
button remained unchanged. So I suspect the secret is that you have
to set the label of the menu button and then, if you want it to
execute the choice, send the menuPick message.

On Aug 17, 2005, at 7:49 AM, David Burgun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a pop up menu that has two values, call them A and B. In the
> preOpenStack handler I want to set the menu back to A so I tried
> the following:
>
> send "menuPick A" to button "myButton"
>
> The Script on myButton is as so:
>
> on menuPick theItemSelected
> if theItemSelected = "A" then
> -- Do Something
>
> else
> -- Do Something else
> end if
> end menuPick
>
> When I manually enter A or B on the Pop Up all works ok. However
> when I run the preOpenStack handler, the Menu Stays a B even though
> I send an "A" to it. I have put a breakpoint in the menu pick
> handler and it receive the "A" ok. Do I need to set something else
> to have the menu update to "A"?????

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.revolutionpros.com, Click "My Stuff"