Resetting a router

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Aug 17 14:06:00 EDT 2005

Hi all.

  I have, at my workplace, an OS X machine that collects various bits of
data from various places on the web at preset times (I have rev apps
that are started as cron jobs that do the work). From time to time, the
router drops the internet connection and generally seems to get it's
little knickers in a twist. Resetting the router sorts it out, and I've
created an ugly Rev/Applescript/QuicKeys combo that will reset the
router if I'm not physically present, and, of course, it only seems to
happen when I'm not there....

I was away for a month just recently, and it all went wrong after about
two weeks, so until I got back to reset things, the data was not
collected. I can't help feeling that a simpler, probably Rev only
solution would be more reliable, but I can't figure out how to get Rev
to login to the router and press the right HTML buttons to do it.

Has anyone here had similar experiences and found a solution?

This is a Belkin adsl modem/router box, that has the usual HTML based
control interface.

Thanks for any help,

Mark Smith