altBrowser for Linux?

Bob Warren warren at howsoft.com
Tue Aug 16 14:40:23 EDT 2005

There's a tidal wave on the doorstep, here in Brazil (just a little bit to
the south).
Linux has scared the pants off Micro$oft so much, they're distributing
anti-Linux propaganda, insisting that in the long run, their software is
cheaper! (No joke)
And if the Chinese don't have a good Linux, we'll give them one!
Tally Ho!

Tip: If you don't fancy converting the excellent Brazilian Linuxes (e.g.
Kurumin, Conectiva, etc.) into English, I suggest you try the South-African
"Ubuntu" (Gnome version). On my machines, everything works! It's brilliant.
Ubuntu is available as 2 CDs: Installable and "Live" (which means that you
can try running it from the CD without touching your HD). And of course it
is completely free, and always will be.

<From: Sivakatirswami <katir at hindu.org>

<Go west young man... I don't mean California, further, across the big
<pond: Check the distant horizon: a Tsunami not far off:

<linux --> china --> millions of users