Setting Mac OS File Type & Creator

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Aug 16 12:13:21 EDT 2005

now i know what you need...

run a disk first aid first - common ailing of OS9's

Then rebuild the desktop... (before teh finder arrives, press
command-option)

Then it should work momentarily better until you need to redo that op...

One of the reasons i quit the mac was this - just was one more reason - and
i found it back in win95... grrr...

Today, i think the PC file type world is a mess... But it is easier to
manage than on any mac i've seen... No hidden props, extra programs, special
editors, etc...

cheers
Xavier