"Trouble Downloading Engine"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 14 15:59:52 EDT 2005

Dan Shafer wrote:
> I'm trying to download the engines for OS 9 and FreeBSD to test an  app
> I'm scheduled to deliver soon. When I check the appropriate  systems in
> the Standalone APplication Settings dialog, the builder  tells me I
> don't have that engine and asks if I want to download it.  I say yes. It
> starts the download but almost immediately reports  "Problem downloading
> engine."
>
> Anyone else having problems with this process? I know my license  allows
> for these downloads.

The 2.6 version of the OS 9 engine isn't availble yet, which is why you
get that message. Instead, you can download the last OS 9 engine
manually and put it into your Components/engines folder and it will
work. If you have an OS 9 engine from another version already, you can
just copy it over to the 2.6 engines folder right from your hard disk.
If not, you can grab the last available copy here:

<ftp://ftp.runrev.com/pub/revolution/downloads/engines/2.5/MacOSfat.dir.gz>

You'll need to decompress this file after you download it. To do that,
put it into the Rev folder (don't decompress it with anything else
first, leave it as-is,) launch Rev, and type this into the message box:

    revDecompress "MacOSfat.dir.gz",defaultfolder

The resulting engine file can then be moved to the engines folder.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com