Drag & Drop - from one substack to another

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Fri Aug 12 15:27:27 EDT 2005

While we are on this subject, does anyone have an example of dragging from a
field in one substack and dropping in a field in another substack... Jim

on 8/4/05 1:00 PM, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Howard Bornstein <howard.bornstein at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> (snip)
>> Scott's solution is very elegant. Wilhelm Sanke also came up with a
>> fairly simple solution that I find I use frequently for this purpose.
>> His script is below.
>> (snip)
>
> Thanks for the reference, Howard.
>
> The first version of this script Howard refers to was produced with help
> from Scott Raney (the creator of Metacard).
>
> Following a similar discussion in February (subject. "Drag
> from-within-to fields") I had added a sample stack to my website
> containing 6 different solutions of the drag-drop-lines question,
> including one example that presents a slightly modified version of Scott
> Rossi's stack (hope he has agreed to my modification as an alternative
> to his excellent solution).
>
> The sample stack can be directly downloaded from here
>
> <http://www.sanke.org/Software/DragWithListfields.zip>
>
> or from page "Tools and Samples for Development" of
> <www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>
>
> The scripts can most certainly - as usual - be improved, refined, and
> extended, but they may at least show directions how to tackle some
> problems coming up when you wish to visibly (not just with a drag
> cursor) drag between or inside controls whose locktext is set to true.
>
> -- Wilhelm Sanke

OYF is... Highly resourceful people working together.
<http://www.OwnYourFuture-net.com>

Own Your Future Consulting Services Limited,
1959 Lower Water Street, Suite 1700, Halifax, Nova Scotia. B3J 3N2
Phone: 902-823-2339. Fax: 902-823-2139

What¹s New...

* Have you ever hired an employee who didn¹t work out?

* Did you do that on purpose?

Probably not...

If you want to greatly improve your hiring process,
     check out our new hiring process... www.HiringSmart.ca/ns
<http://www.hiringsmart.ca/ns>
                                                          and...
www.KeepingTheBest.ca/ns <http://www.keepingthebest.ca/ns>