New project

Ben Fisher jamon.ben at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 00:54:57 EDT 2005

Hi Revolution community,
 I was wondering if there would be any interest for a new utility I'm
writing in Revolution.
It would include a variable watcher (that can view arrays), property
watcher, much-improved message box, perform operations on files/folders,
script editor, command-line prompt, and maybe more. One could also define
macros to perform repetitive tasks.
 If you have any other ideas that would be helpful for Rev programmers,
please tell me and if it's not too hard I'll try to do it. This project will
probably done in about a month.
 I really like Rev's way to set up a ui, but sometimes the scripts get a
little wordy. Like after working in c++ it's hard to look at "put 3 into x"
and take it seriously. I'm thinking about writing something in the script
editor that could interpret things like "x=3" and then expand them. Also it
would be nice to do things like "myButton.customProp = 4."
 -Ben