Problem: Stack unexpectedly resizes itself

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Aug 11 20:26:21 EDT 2005

> I've created a stack (using Mac OS X, Revolution 2.5.1, Panther) with
> dimensions of 1024x768 with the expectation that it will fit on a
> screen with
> resolution of 1024x768.   However, when moving the stack (built as
> standalone or as
> unbuilt stack) to another Mac with 1024x768 screen resolution, the
> program
> opens up with different dimensions (1004x647), with the right hand
> side and bottom
> of the stack cut off.   It does this whether I open up the unbuilt
> stack or
> the standalone.   Is this a bug with Revolution or a problem with
> Apple?
> Thanks.
> Stephen Goldberg

When first opened, the stack resizes itself to fit inside the
windowBoundingRect. The windowBoundingRect is smaller than the actual
screen size as it allows for the menubar, dock & (while in Rev) any
toolbars & palettes you may have open.

Phil's solution will override this for you, but you may also like to
reset the windowBoundingRect:
     set the windowBoundingRect to the screenRect

Cheers,
Sarah