Why can't I send tabKey?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Thu Aug 11 12:46:52 EDT 2005

Ken....

While "type tabKey" doesn't generate an error, it also doesn't do
what I think it should.

In my book, I had a script:

on openCard
   type tabKey
end openCard

I suggested that if you did this, you could force the first field (in
tab order, of course) on a card to be active when a new card opens.
Doesn't work (though I could *swear* I tested it in 1.1.1 or whatever
version was current when I wrote the book two years ago). Nothing
happens. So I don't know if the tabKey is actually being typed or not
but if it is, it's not doing what I think tabbing SHOULD do.

Dan