Looking for suggestions/advice

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Aug 11 03:19:38 EDT 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 11:55 AM, Rodney Somerstein wrote:

> This application is going to require a scripting language. My
> understanding is that Transcript isn't a viable scripting language
> for this purpose (correct me if I'm wrong, please) because there
> are limits as to how much can be done on the fly from an imported
> script rather than one built into the stack. For example, I don't
> think that I can have a user write a script that could be imported
> as a module into a Revolution stack and executed without limiting
> that script to 10 lines.

By far the easiest way to handle this would be by exposing Transcript
to your users. Send an email to the rev crew directly regarding your
needs. The ten-line limit in executables is an artificial limit
designed to prevent you from creating your own development
environment in Rev and distributing it. It happened with SuperCard
many years back. In the past, the rev crew have expressed at least a
willingness to consider a separate license specifically to cover a
situation like yours.

gc