Another Mystery

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Aug 10 11:07:50 EDT 2005

David Burgun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting an error saying it can't find background of button
> "choosefile", so I hit the debug button in the error window and then
> from the message box I type:
>
> put the label of button "choosefile"
>
> and it displays correctly
>
> Why it not finding the button correctly in the script?
>
> There are loads and loads of these little quirks that I am finding. I
> really have never worked in such a buggy development environment as RunRev.

Doesn't sound like a bug to me. It sounds like you are asking Rev to
locate a background button but your button is actually on the card. Your
message box test is looking for a card button too. If you put in the
message box:

   put the label of bg button "choosefile"

Do you get the same error?

Your script should probably ask for "button 'choosefile'" instead of "bg
button", if my guess is right.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com