two more noob questions re "find" command

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Tue Aug 9 17:16:07 EDT 2005

Thank you for your kind reply, Ken. I understand you didn't mean it
as I heard it. It's a constant danger with email, especially on lists
and newsgroups.

I admit I was defensive. It still seems like I am the only amateur
do-it-yourself end user on the list. It's easy to be defensive, in
that position, though that's no excuse. I also admit I'm prone to
absent minded scripting errors. I still wonder if Dreamcard is
intended for people like me, and, if it is, if the intention is
realistic.

Regarding the single-line message box command, I was trying to
enhance the "find" script that Sarah generously posted for my
benefit. It uses the single-line message box.

Thanks to your helpful comments, I think I can now write a simple
utility stack -- possibly modal -- that offers the user, i.e., me, a
variety of easy-to-use and fast "find" options for stack underneath
it in the stacks. The native command-F find and replace feature is
way too slow for some of my larger stacks with many fields per card.

Best regards,

Tim